Specialization and Business Emphasis
- Mobility Assistance
- Nail Care
- Toileting and Incontinence Care
- Medication Reminders & Care Coordination
- Medical Team Liaison
- Recreational and Community Activities
- Planning, Preparing & Serving Nutritious Meals
- Shopping, Errands
- Tell us other ways we can help!
Care for the Home
- Linen changing
- Light Housekeeping & Home Management
- Errands & shopping
- Meal planning
- Sweeping & vacuuming
- Pet care
Most caregivers are specially trained in caring for clients across the spectrum of progressive dementia. Training includes compassionately and skillfully recognizing cognitive and psychological/behavior changes.
We provide personal care services for adults who are recovering from a serious injury or illness, have chronic conditions or progressive diseases, physical disabilities, or cognitive disabilities.
We accept private pay clients and cater to client needs. We will work with Long Term Care Insurance Plans for client claim reimbursement. At this time we are unable to accept public pay clients, but hope to expand our services to include a wide range of public pay options in the future.
Hourly charges for private-pay home care service are adjusted based on the amount of time scheduled. The minimum amount of time is one hour.
|3 or More Hours||29.50/hr||34.00/hr|
- Weekdays: $29.50 per hour for shifts of 3 hours or more, $34 per hour for 2 hour shifts, and $43 for visits of one hour or less.
- Weekends: $34 per hour for shifts of 2 hours or more, $43 for visits of one hour or less
- After one hour has elapsed, shifts are billed in quarter-hour increments.
- Clients receiving round-the-clock care will be billed a discounted flat rate of $650 per 24 hours.
- We charge time and one half for services provided on the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
- Clients are charged for mileage when services for the client include client transportation (e.g. errands, shopping). Mileage is charged at the current IRS standard mileage rate.
Cancellations and Changes
We ask clients to kindly provide as much notice as possible when cancelling services. If a caregiver is en-route to, or arrives for a scheduled shift and the client declines service, the agency will assess a late cancellation fee of $43. If untimely schedule changes or cancellations are frequent, We may be forced to decline future services or to impose the late cancellation fee if continued services are desired.